Just Living -- 101 in 1001

My mission is to complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. Why? Because wouldn't it be the coolest to actually do a bunch of things I've always wanted but may never get around to doing if I don't write them down and focus? I thought so. I hope you will too. So here's my list and time's ticking away . . .

Saturday, June 03, 2006

#3 Plans for getting Up Early

Get up at 6:30 am for one month. Wow! Yowzer! Oy! Can this stay-up-all-night, slow to rise, not a morning person, do this?! I plan to find out very soon. I'm not sure how this is going to work out. I might need a bunch of trial runs before I get a whole month down. So I've been looking at the summer schedule so far (getting up early in summer might be more lovely than the darkness of winter) and I think I should try to squeeze in a month of early-rising starting right after Trish's visit next weekend and ending just before Mom and all come to visit me in July. Because of course my chances of failing, of falling off the plan, of sleeping until 8 or 9 anyway, increase dramatically when I've got guests, especially if we're staying up late. So the countdown begins to my first attempt on this one. Lifting off on June 12th and running until the 12th of July (is that Jason's birthday?) Should I set the alarm for 6:30 exactly and count on getting right up? Or should I set it for 6:15'ish so I can do the snooze thing and ease into getting up? Keep in mind that I do have to get out of the bed in order to hit snooze or turn off the alarm as the clock is on my dresser at the foot of my bed. Strategies anyone?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home