Just Living -- 101 in 1001

My mission is to complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. Why? Because wouldn't it be the coolest to actually do a bunch of things I've always wanted but may never get around to doing if I don't write them down and focus? I thought so. I hope you will too. So here's my list and time's ticking away . . .

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Amendment to #3

I haven't given up on the getting up early thingy. Summer officially starts today and I'd like to see some mornings. The 6:30 rising didn't work for me though. Getting up early is no good if the day passes and I never completely exit the hazy fog of sleep. The fact of the matter is I am a night person, I've always been a night person, I will likely always be a night person. Fighting against my nature doesn't help me get anywhere but more exhausted. And more exhaustion, I don't need. Unless I have to be somewhere, I don't set an alarm. I wake up when I wake up. I go to bed when I'm sleepy. When I leave it to nature I go to bed somewhere between 1 and 3, the earlier I go the more I read once I get there, and I wake between 10 and 11, usually about 10 minutes either side of the half hour, 10:20-10:40. Okay, so really, there's nothing wrong with this, I'm getting sleep, I feel rested, I'm getting as many hours of worktime into the day as anyone else, etc. Here's the thing--I actually kinda like mornings too. I like getting stuff done by noon. I like to have evenings to myself to do whatever I want, rather than work. So, I've amended the task from "at 6:30" to "by 7:30." Perhaps I'll have better luck, get closer to where I aspire to be. Maybe I'll start tomorrow . . . maybe I'll wait until Monday. You'll be the first to know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home