Just Living -- 101 in 1001

My mission is to complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. Why? Because wouldn't it be the coolest to actually do a bunch of things I've always wanted but may never get around to doing if I don't write them down and focus? I thought so. I hope you will too. So here's my list and time's ticking away . . .

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Book Stuff

1. Read The DaVinci Code.

Thank the Goddess I am done! As long and boring and miscast as the movie was, the film was still head and shoulders above the book. The writing is just so bad. I mean really bad. It's a sad state of affairs that this kind of crap is what tops bestseller lists, that readers don't demand better quality writing. Everyone I know writes better than Dan Brown. Everyone.

Anyway, bygones! Onward to #21! I'm quite excited to begin this reading list, though some of the titles seem painful, I'm sure I'll find some good stuff here. I've no idea where to begin. I can't imagine my brain making the leap from DaVinci to Faulkner or Joyce. I need to build my brain cells back up slowly. Maybe Joseph Heller or Henry Miller to begin? Or maybe I should read something off-list in the interim to get the blood flowing again? Lord knows I've lots of books around the place that I haven't read yet. A good dose of Canadian literature should bring me back to life.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8/15/2006 11:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kellie, long time no talk:) I confess to being one of those people who loved The Da Vinci Code. I think I was a terrible embarrassment to Goose Lane, lol, because I so enjoy those types of books. Truthfully, I just fall into the story and pay little attention to the writing of it. Sigh, I'm definately poor white literary trash;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home