Just Living -- 101 in 1001

My mission is to complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. Why? Because wouldn't it be the coolest to actually do a bunch of things I've always wanted but may never get around to doing if I don't write them down and focus? I thought so. I hope you will too. So here's my list and time's ticking away . . .

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Money Matters

91. Tuck away a hundred dollars just in case.

Nearly two months ago I opened a high interest savings account and I've been slipping a few dollars into it here and there. Finally, I've got a hundred tucked away just in case. I'll continue to slip in a dollar here and a dollar there. The plan is to save for something big . . . like a notebook computer . . . or a trip . . . or a bicycle. My deal with myself is that I need to keep the hundred in there though as a base that never gets spent, unless it's an absolute emergency.

93. Pay cash for every purchase for a month.

My last debit card purchase happened June 13th at the Save-Easy. My last credit card purchase was early in May. I'm living cash 'n carry. I figure out how much I have to live off and I go to the bank machine and take it out. I find this helps me from buying things I really don't need. I'm less liable to spend my last 10 bucks on a dvd when it's in my wallet. And this has helped with my saving above.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home