Just Living -- 101 in 1001

My mission is to complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. Why? Because wouldn't it be the coolest to actually do a bunch of things I've always wanted but may never get around to doing if I don't write them down and focus? I thought so. I hope you will too. So here's my list and time's ticking away . . .

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Searilly Ossifer

52. Drink no alcohol for two weeks.

You know, I don't really drink that much anymore. Not like the drunk that lasted 3 years. Nowhere near that! Seriously, I drank at least a half dozen and usually many many more beer every day of the week. I no longer had the appearance of being drunk, but just the same all the time. It was a bad phase. Then there were years when I may have only drank on a couple of occasions throughout the entire year. I was an easy drunk then. And now, another phase. I love red wine with food. I love red wine with conversation. I love red wine with sappy movies. I love red wine with reality television. I love red wine while I'm relaxing. I like to have one glass with the evening meal. Just one, not the whole bottle. This practice is even supposed to have health benefits. Still I figured weeks went by without me having any wine or alcohol of any kind, but I never kept track, so I couldn't be sure. Now, I'm sure. Two weeks, easy peezy. No big deal. Now I know. I might love it, but that's not a bad thing. I'm not sloshed every day or even once a week or two weeks . . . now where's my corkscrew :-)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10/26/2006 9:55 a.m., Blogger Simply Kel said…

    Exactly! Red wine is the whipped cream of life. If only I loved life less, perhaps I wouldn't want to top it off at every turn to make it extra special.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home